Take a break and unwind at this peaceful oasis: the ground floor of a small, traditional chalet with exceptional views over the town of Lenk and mountains. Come to enjoy the mountain air and activities from a private, peaceful retreat. Recently refurbished, with very well equipped kitchen, large comfortable sofa, dining table and small office space. There is a private patio and fire pit/ BBQ area outside. The space is beautiful inside as well as out.
- At the front of the property is a private, sheltered and sunny patio to enjoy the views from a comfortable sofa or hammock chairs. Round the corner is the fire pit and BBQ area with benches.
- The front door leads from the patio into the entrance hall which has plenty of space for shoes, coats and bags.
- The main living room has a corner sofa which converts into a comfortable double sofa bed and a dining table with four chairs.
- There is a 56inch OLED TV, DVD/CD/Blueray player and soundbar and sub woofer. The speakers can be connected to your phone with bluetooth to play music, radio and podcasts. There is a selection of DVDs and boardgames.
- An archway leads from the living room to the well-equipped kitchen, which has induction hob, oven, dishwasher, bean-to-cup coffee machine, toaster, kettle, blender and bread machine, large fridge and freezer plus much more.
- In a nook from the kitchen is a dedicated work space with a small desk, good lighting, power sockets and a colour printer and scanner.
- Leading through a doorway from the living room is the bedroom which has a king size four-poster bed with high quality mattress, a wardrobe and drawers.
- The bathroom is en-suite to the bedroom and has a shower cubicle with glass doors and a heated towel rail.
Everything to make your own breakfast of fresh bread, jam, porridge, dried fruits, tea, coffee and hot chocolate is included. Just bring your own milk.
+ The chalet is approximately 200 meters from the carpark at the top of the access road. Access from there is up a number of steps and along a narrow path. It is not suitable for people with mobility issues or very young children.
+ The access road is narrow and steep. Snow chains are essential in the winter if you wish to drive up the access road.
+ Arrival by public transport is highly recommended. Lenk train and bus station is 10 minutes walk from the chalet.
The kitchen is very well equipped because I love to cook and it was my home; now I stay here in the winters. It has the following features and equipment:
+ Induction hob, fan oven, large fridge-freezer and dishwasher.
+ Bean-to-cup coffee machine, toaster, kettle and bread machine
+ Nutribullet, hand blender, spiraliser, rotary grater, stand mixer
+ Plenty of crockery, cutlery and glassware
+ Good quality cooking utensils and pans
+ Measuring spoons, cups and jugs and weighing scales
+ Baking trays including cake tins and cooling racks
+ The water that comes out the tap is beautiful mountain water! And there is a Sodastream machine if you want fizzy water. Do NOT bring bottled water here!
+ Cocktail shaker, muddler, strainer, shot measure, ice cube trays
+ Basic food items are here for your use to make self-catering easier, cheaper and less wasteful, including herbs and spices, oil and vinegar, sugar and salt. There are also many store cupboard items such as pasta, rice and lentils.
Notes for vegans
+ Everything in the apartment is vegan (including duvet and pillows). The apartment is listed as vegetarian because guests are permitted to bring dairy and eggs.
+ Fondue pot and raclette machine with top grill for vegetables are available for use with plant based cheese. I recommend Vegusto raclette. Just read information in 'The neighbourhood' section or message me to ask for more information.
Other things to note
The chalet is run on 100% renewable electricity, mainly from hydro electricity. There is no oil or gas in the building.
Rubbish is sorted as follows: compost bin on site for plant-based waste; glass, metal, recyclable plastic, paper and card are separated and recycled; remaining waste is burnt for energy production. Zero waste to landfill.
The following is provided for your use:
+ Toilet paper. Bamboo, plastic-free toilet paper
+ UTZ certified coffee. Whole roasted coffee beans for the coffee machine are provided
+ Household items. Washing-up liquid and dishwasher tablets are provided.
+ Toiletries. Vegan hand soap, shampoo and conditioner are provided.
+ Bread machine and ingredients (just bring flour if you prefer something other than normal white bread flour).
+ Recipes, ingredients and equipment to make vegan mayonnaise and cashew cream. Just bring oil and a tin of chickpeas for mayonnaise and cashews for cashew cream.
+ Dog bowls and blanket if you need them
+ Assurance that previous pets haven't been drinking from the crockery!
The apartment is the lower floor of the chalet. There is another apartment above which is accessed from separate outdoor steps which is generally occupied at weekends.
There is no wifi but very good mobile phone reception. You have to connect the TV to your phone to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.
Bathrooms: 1 Bath
Check In: Check in time after 3PM
Property type: Apartment
Room Type: Entire Place
Kitchen Type: Vegetarian
Coffee / tea
Closet / drawers
Large salad bowls
Desk / workspace
Essentials (towels, sheets, soap, toilet paper and pillows)
Not suitable for infants (Under 2 years)
Companion animals allowed
Vegetarian cooking / food storage allowed
- A range of store cupboard essential (vegan) foods are in the chalet for your use including salt and pepper, herbs and spices, oil and vinegar. Please use what you would like but replace essentials you use up if possible. Please do NOT leave anything with animal products in. - When the apartment upstairs is occupied (this is normally at weekends), please be considerate of noise after 9pm. When it is unoccupied, you can make as much noise as you like!
Depending on the notice and time of year, I can offer a vegan menu box service. This is the recipes, equipment and store cupboard ingredients for dinners and lunches. This makes planning your self-catering easier, cheaper, fun and less wasteful. This service is entirely bespoke so you can cook your favourite foods with the level of complexity and health that you want. I have a diploma in vegan nutrition. Please ask if you are interested.
First aid kit
Lock on bedroom door
Compliance with VV’s COVID-19 Cleaning Protocol
2 nights minimum stay
60 nights maximum stay
Devon, England . Joined in August 2021
I live in Devon, England but lived for a few years in Switzerland, where I still go for the winters. I love snowboarding and like to go split boarding when I can. I have been vegan since signing up for Veganuary in January 2018. I love cooking and have a diploma in vegan nutrition. My partner and I are passionate about environmental issues. We are currently working on complete renovation of a house which we are doing in as environmentally friendly way as possible. We are aiming towards passive house standard and are using environmentally friendly building materials, such as foam glass for the sub floor and wood fibre insulation for the walls and roof.
Amanda's property is located in Lenk, BE, CH
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.