A few blocks from "downtown" Burnet. And very short drive to Spider Mountain. 1 hour to DT Austin.1935 Historic former School House right on Main Street USA. This is classic Texas Hill Country: quiet nights, lots of churches, friendly neighbors, grand old oak trees, and a wood plank swing off a tall old tree. You will love the solid safe feeling about this home. Hardwood floors throughout. High bead-board ceilings. The living room has a wood burning stove, keyboards, old fashioned analog record player, some hand drums and a large screen tv with a ROKU device you can pair up to. If you feel like stretching out on the comfy couch with a good book, I offer a massive library with cookbooks, health books, religion, tesla and esoteric topics, permaculture, survival topics, art books and more…
You will be staying in the Private Upstairs - attic - Studio Apartment. You can park right out in front on the shady street for free and the front door acts like your own private entrance, (I use a side entrance). The stairway to the apartment is right off of the in-kitchen dining room My rooms are on the opposite side of the house, so will feel very private up there. The main room roughly 11×15. The bathroom 8×10 including a large walk-in closet area.
Roughly 200 square feet total. Also, I have a Master Suite Bedroom downstairs with two beds if you need more space to spread out - but that is a separate listing.
Interaction with Guests
I live and work on site. So we may see each other coming and going now and then. I interact only as much as a guest desires: frequently or not.
• Secure High Speed Wireless Internet
• Central Air Conditioning and Heat
• Private Bathroom with Shower
• Oversized closet
• Outdoor firepit with wood
• Washer and Dryer with Eco-safe detergents
• No Carpet. Wood and Tile Floors Throughout. Pergola is used upstairs.
• Free Street Parking always available out front
• Ping Pong table on the back porch!
Fully equipped vegetarian (mostly vegan) raw foodist kitchen with cookware, dishes and stainless steel utensils provided
• Gas range (no microwave)
• Toaster oven
• Coffee Maker
• VITAMIX Professional Blender
• Fruit and Vegetable Juicer
• Excaliber Dehydrator
I am primarily vegan, but I do have raw honey around and there may be raw cheese in my fridge. But you have your own separate fridge in your room. There is a neighborhood cat that adopted me and he does get fed tuna outside the back door.
Sober-oriented Environment. I do not drink, but if you like a glass of wine or a beer now and then, that’s fine.
Bathrooms: 1 Private Bath
Check In: 3PM - 12AM
Property type: Retreat
Room Type: Private Room
Kitchen Type: Vegetarian
Contains non-vegetarian pet food
Laundry – washer
Laundry - dryer
Free parking on premises
Free street parking
Wifi / Internet
Coffee / tea
Closet / drawers
Large salad bowls
Desk / workspace
Essentials (towels, sheets, soap, toilet paper and pillows)
Not suitable for children (2-12 years)
Not suitable for infants (Under 2 years)
Not suitable for companion animals
No parties or events
Long-term stays allowed
Vegan-only cooking / food storage
Vegetarian cooking / food storage allowed
1) Please have a photo and a nice description of yourself so we get to know you a little better. HomeStays are meant to build friendships across the planet. You know about us now... Let us get to know you! 2) THIS IS A VEGETARIAN HOME. What you eat off-site is your own business. But NO animal flesh OR LEFTOVERS (cows, chickens or fish) when you come back to our house. However, milk, eggs and cheese are okay. 3) NO smoking and NO recreational pharmaceuticals. 4) NO pets. 5) NO visitors. NO guests. Unless we talk about it first, please. 6) Guest is responsible for doing their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves IMMEDIATELY. 7) This property as a GMO-FREE (genetically modified organisms) and ALLERGEN FREE home. Guests may NOT bring any artificially flavored, colored, heavy fake fragrance or other potential allergens into the home. You will be asked to remove them or put them away. This means no HFCS Coca Cola drinks (You deserve to treat your body better than that!) PLEASE LEAVE ALL the typical fake-fragrance Mainstream Cosmetic items AT HOME. Read labels and keep it real folks! :-) ---------------------------------- These rules are general guidelines. Guests are expected to be polite and respectful and use their common sense and adhere to the Golden Rule.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS Need a Recovery Coach or Health Coach to support you? Let us help you with unwanted behaviors (alcoholic, drug, opiate, workaholic, sugar, depression, anxiety, cravings, pain, insomnia, and more…) Your hostess wrote the book, Kiss Addiction Goodbye.
First aid kit
2 nights minimum stay
99 nights maximum stay
United States . Joined in December 2015
I am Mary-Margaret, but my nickname is anand (pronounced ah-nahnd). I was born in Los Angeles where I became a Mid Century Modern fan. I have restored several historic homes. When I travel, I like to find local grown food, unique gourmet markets, waterfalls and formal gardens. I also like to find cold drinking springs and wild hot springs for soaking. I'm a published author and also am available as an Essene Minister Health Coach to support unwanted behaviors. I was a "SuperHost" on another platform for 10+ years, but I prefer to only rent to fellow plant-based friends now.
Anand's property is located in Burnet, Texas, US
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.