Quiet, Clean, Healthy Lifestyle VEGETARIAN Sanctuary HISTORIC CORE Downtown Las Vegas 1950s architecture garden duplex Close to Las Vegas Strip and Convention Center. WORLDS away in vibe.
We have 4 different rooms available within our duplex property.
HISTORIC CORE Downtown Las Vegas 1950s architecture garden duplex. Close to the Las Vegas Strip and the Las Vegas Convention Center. WORLDS away in vibe. We are an Urban Homestead... holistic health oriented, peaceful, relaxing, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw food Foodists, Organic Gardeners, Eco-Friendly, slow food, yoga, massage table, meditation, sober travel, 12 step, AA recovery, architectural preservation, artists, actors, writers, dancers, musicians, performers, stage and ALL creative and healthy living folks visiting Las Vegas or downtown LasVegas, Las Vegas Convention Center, Zappos, Downtown Project, the Las Vegas Strip. We also try to accommodate guests with allergies or multiple chemical sensitivity mcs.
Interaction with Guests
We live and work on site. So we may see each other coming and going now and then. We interact only as much as a guest desires: frequently or not. Because this is NOT a whole-house rental, we or our other guests may come in to use the kitchen and/or the yoga room from time to time.
We usually host 1 guest at a time - so the bath may not be shared. However, IF the other room is occupied, you WILL share the bathroom.
Fully equipped vegetarian/vegan kitchen with cookware, dishes and utensils provided
• Gas range (no microwave)
• Coffee Maker
• VITAMIX Professional Blender
• Fruit and Vegetable Juicer
• Secure High Speed Wireless Internet • All indoor and outdoor living urban farm garden areas. • Central Air Conditioning and Heat • 1 bath with shower over tub (SHARED) • Linens provided • Fully equipped vegetarian/vegan kitchen with cookware, dishes and utensils provided, Gas range (no microwave), Coffee Maker • VITAMIX Professional Blender + Fruit and Vegetable Juicer • Flat panel TV with Cable and DVD player, stereo system • Library of fun movies, healthy documentaries, good music (Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Thrive, etc) • Outdoor firepit with wood • Access to yoga room with Rebounder and Gravity Machine – Inversion Table, and Infrared Sauna. • PING PONG TABLE! • Washer and Dryer with Eco-safe detergents • No Carpet. Tile Floors Throughout • Blackout Drapes • Free Street Parking always available out front. Off street parking may be available depending on our occupancy.
1) HAVE A RECENT and CLEAR FACE PHOTO.
2) HAVE A DETAILED DESCRIPTION PARAGRAPH ABOUT WHO YOU ARE. We like to know who will be staying in our home. So describe who you are and what do you like to do. Airbnb is about building friendships across the planet. You know about us now... Let us get to know you!
3) THIS IS A STRICT VEGETARIAN HOME. What you eat off-site is your own business. But NO animal flesh OR LEFTOVERS (cows, chickens or fish) when you come back to our house. However, milk, eggs and cheese are FINE.
4) THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE. IF you plan to be drinking and partying in Vegas – this is NOT the house for you, please move along. ANY guest who comes home inebriated WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE the following day. A glass of wine or beer is totally fine in the house – but not a 5th of Whiskey.
5) NO smoking and NO recreational pharmaceuticals. 6) NO pets. 7) NO visitors. NO guests.
8) Guest is responsible for doing their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves IMMEDIATELY. And in order to keep the bathroom neat and tidy, we request that you keep your toiletries in your room. We provide bath baskets if you need one.
9) This property as a GMO-FREE (genetically modified organisms) and ALLERGEN FREE home. Guests may NOT bring any artificially flavored, colored, heavy fake fragrance or other potential allergens into the home. You will be asked to remove them or put them away. This means no HFCS Coca Cola drinks (we care about you ~ and you deserve to treat your body better than that!) PLEASE LEAVE ALL the typical fake-fragrance Mainstream Cosmetic items AT HOME. Read labels and keep it real folks! :-) We have wonderful product samples from the Natural Products Expo and may be able to provide healthier versions of whatever you require.
10) These rules are general guidelines. Guests are expected to be polite and respectful and use their common sense and adhere to the Golden Rule.
You are staying in our personal private home, NOT an anonymous hotel room. IF YOU WANT TO STAY WITH US – PLEASE PUT the secret word PEEWEE in your note - so we will know that you actually read these rules :-) We decline ALL inquiries that do not have the secret word.
Security Deposit (optional)
Please note that our rates are subject to change. We also have a per visit cleaning fee of $50. There is a Refundable $500 security deposit and a 50% Deposit upon reservation via PayPal. Cash payment day of arrival.
This restored home is part of a Historic Downtown Las Vegas Core: a 1950s architectural neighborhood designed by reknowned Los Angeles Case Study Program architect. It is a central urban homestead, historic, downtown-adjacent, eclectic, Bohemian. Conveniently close to the action, but worlds away from the noise and hustle. Family friendly, gay friendly neighborhood near the Huntridge Theater District. Our WalkScore is a 72!
The house and neighborhood are safe. It may look "rough" to the outsider, but due to the summer heat, very few people in Vegas take care of their yards properly - which sucks, BUT we live here and walk or ride bikes day or night! Please check out our Airbnb Guidebook with TONS of local things to do!
LOCATION AND DISTANCES: _________________________________ • 1.5 block walk to RTC 109 busline (direct to/from airport and to Downtown Transit Center) • 3 block walk to SX (Sahara Express) line to the Strip • .4 miles to Rainbow's End (health food store and restaurant) • .5 miles to Albertson's and Smiths Markets • .7 mile to Zagat Rated Lotus of Siam restaurant • 1.1 miles to 'the Center'
• 1.4 miles to famous Las Vegas Blvd. Strip
• 1.4 miles to the First Friday Downtown Arts District! • 1.9 miles to Downtown Project Container Park • 2.0 miles to National Register El Cortez Hotel
• 2.1 miles from the Convention Center
• 2.2 miles to Zappos Headquarters • 2.4 miles to Downtown 3rd Farmer's Market • 2.5 miles to the Las Vegas World Market Center - Design Center • 2.6 miles to Wynn Resorts Hotel • 2.7 miles to UNLV • 2.9 miles to Palazzo Venetian Hotel • 2.9 miles to the Smith Center • 3.4 miles to Caesars Palace Hotel • 3.7 miles to the Hard Rock Hotel • 4 miles to MGM Aria and City Center • 4.6 miles to the McCarran International Airport (LAS) • 4.8 miles to the Rio Hotel
TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT If we are available, we can offer you airport pickup for $30 and drop-off for $20. A cab may cost you more than that. Once you are here, depending on our availability, we may be able to offer you a ride nearby for free!
Payment Details & Cancellation Policy
Time Of Payment
Please note that our rates are subject to change. We also have a per visit cleaning fee of $50. There is a Security Deposit and 50% Deposit upon reservation via PayPal. Cash payment day of arrival.
Security Deposit and 50% Deposit upon reservation via PayPal. Cash payment day of arrival.
Strict cancellation policy. 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival.
About Your Host
We are a raw food chef and nutritionist who are pleased to share private rooms in our large central home to month stay or longer term visitors to Las Vegas. Please tell us what your unique needs are. We are Mary-Margaret and Cary Stratton, but you can call us Anand and Chef Mason! When Cary graduated culinary school, he took on the moniker, Raw Chef Mason Green (to end the confusion of his name… are you Gary, Karrie? Carrie? Carey? Corey? Cory?). Mary-Margaret has used the pen name, Anand, since the 1990s and now most of her friends use it as her nick-name.
We love to travel and to host fellow eco-oriented travelers. We run a 'Conscious Eating' Meetup with over 500 people interested in healthy fun things to do in Las Vegas: raw vegan potlucks, yoga, farmer's markets, gardens, 12 step meetings, hikes, spas, gourmet vegetarian restaurants and much more...
Some of our favorite things to do when traveling are finding local grown food and unique gourmet markets with vegetarian foods, visiting great architecture of any era, hikes to waterfalls and seeing large formal gardens (ala Buschart, Filoli, Longwood, etc.). We also like to find fresh water drinking springs and wild hot springs for soaking.
We were both born in Los Angeles where we became Mid Century Modern architecture fans. Anand started a seminal historic preservation website called LottaLiving and was once a tour captain at the famous Charles and Ray Eames House. We restored a 1964 Eichler Home in L.A. that was designed by A Quincy Jones and Emmons that was in movies and TV and eventually became a historic L.A. landmark! We have since restored several homes in Las Vegas, including Palmer & Krisel and Jones & Emmons homes.
Professionally speaking, Anand is a Creative Director and User Experience Architect. She is a Certified Raw Food Nutritionist and is an ordained Essene. Mason graduated from Living Light Culinary Institute. He is a former Sound Professional (with credits on movies like Titanic and The Big Lebowski!). And guests can hear him play Live Jazz drums every week in Downtown Las Vegas.
We look forward to being your hosts for your fun and healthy home away from home.
My Additional Services
Need a Recovery Coach or Health Coach to support you? Let us help you with addictive behaviors (alcoholic, drug, opiate, workaholic, sugar, depression, anxiety, cravings, pain, insomnia, and more…)
We also do EatWith raw food classes - learn about Raw Chocolate, and other raw food topics.
Lastly, we have a Personal trainer, fabulous on-call masseuse AND a Reiki master available for house calls.